Similar Miscellaneous Tools
Get “Online Tools” browser extension by 10015!
What is Online Strong Random Password Generator?
Strong Random Password Generator is a free online tool for generating strong random passwords in which you can set the length and character set of the password. It works like a password generator and password strength meter at the same time. People generally use weak passwords that includes their names, surnames, birthdays, and other personal information. The reason is to remember it easily but with advanced password hacking methods, it makes it easier for hackers to crack the passwords within seconds. It is very crucial to have a strong password to protect your account especially if you are not using 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) like SMS or email verification.
Here you can see an easy versus strong password together. It is even visually clear that the strong password is much more secure than the easy password.
Hackers are using different methods to crack passwords. Most widely used methods are brute force, dictionary attacks and rainbow table attacks. If you want to protect your account to these attacks, you need to use strong passwords.
Brute force is a method that iterates over all possible passwords by using character sets and checks if they are correct. If the website that you use the password is not secure and does not have a protection for multiple login attempts, hackers may use this method. For protecting yourself for such attacks, you need to use different character types like lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and special characters. If diversity of the characters used in the password is high and total number of characters in the character set is big, it becomes a time and energy consuming process for the attacker and it becomes difficult to crack the password.
Dictionary attack and rainbow table attack is very close to each other. In both methods, the attacker tries to guess the password by using a dictionary of words and common password list. The difference is that in the dictionary attack, attacker uses common password list and try to login your account with these passwords programmatically. In rainbow table attack, the attacker has already gotten the database of the credentials stored. In general, passwords are stored as hashes like MD5, SHA256 or SHA512. Rainbow tables contain common passwords and their hash equivalents. The hacker tries to guess the password by using the hash values of the passwords. For protecting your account from these attacks, you need to avoid using words, common patterns, consecutive numbers, and personal information in your passwords.
Another way that is not stated above is social media engineering. It is a technique used by people who know your identity and want to exploit your account. Attackers make a deep study on search engines and social media sites about the victim and get as much information as possible like the name of your mother or father, the name of your pet, your birthdate, your birthplace, the schools you finished, or the companies you worked for. The attacker then uses this information to try to guess the password. There are tools that gets all these information as an input and make combinations by using them to narrow down the possibilities about your password. Therefore, using anything related with yourself in your passwords is not a good idea.
It is important to mention "phishing" when talking about passwords and password creation. It is a technique used by hackers to steal your personal information including passwords by using fake websites. Thus, it is very important to check the landing url before clicking any link. If you want to navigate an important link, it is better to use a bookmark instead of clicking a link from an unknown website or email.
It is very important to use 2FA (2-factor authentication) if possible as it is impossible for someone to login to your account even he or she knows your password. In addition to SMS, voice or email verification, there are many authenticator apps like Google Authenticator, Authy, or Microsoft Authenticator for protecting you from such malicious activities.
For protecting your personal accounts, it is advised to use at least 2 different email accounts for password verification. One can be used for more important accounts and other can be used for the ones that is less important or for websites which looks risky in terms of security.
In all cases, you will need a secure password generator to create your new password in a trustworthy environment. Strong Random Password Generator is a free tool for this purpose which works on your browser-only. This protects your newly generated password from network sniffing and other attacks.
How to protect your password from hacking?
Here is a list of dos and don'ts for protecting your account credentials.
- Use a password that is at least 16 characters long.
- Use a password that includes diverse character types like letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not use common words, patterns, consecutive numbers, or personal information in your password.
- Do not use same password for two or more different accounts. If one is cracked, your other account may also be stolen.
- Do not send or tell your password to anybody.
- Do not use same password both for the account and email address that is used to verify it.
- Do not store passwords in browsers if possible. You may use services like LastPass or Bitwarden to store your passwords, but you should not use them for storing your passwords related with your financial accounts like Paypal, Wise etc. or accounts that includes crucial information.
- Do not enter your password to websites that are not using a secure connection like https.
- Use on-screen keyboard to type your password if you are on a shared Wi-Fi network.
When you use a password generator for creating random passwords, randomness algorithms that is used in generation function play an important role on the predictability of the generated passwords. "Strong Random Password Generator" uses the best techniques to generate random passwords with minimum predictability.
How to use Online Strong Random Password Generator?
You can generate random strong passwords with the following guide.
- First, select the length of the password that will be generated. It is advised to have a password at least 16 characters long.
- Use checkboxes to include or exclude character sets. For example, you can use lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Higher the diversity, the stronger the password. When you choose a character set option to include, there will be at least one from these type in your password.
- Click the Generate button to create a new strong password that is randomly formed. After creating the password, you can copy it to your clipboard and see its strength in password strength section. If the strength level is low, then you can increase the length of the password or increase the diversity of character sets by including new ones.